4.17.2009

"S" oh Yes!

Every space needs a little helping of mid century modern. What better than one of my personal faves designed in 1960 by Verner Panton? My casa is equipped with a crisp white set of 4, tucked neatly under a chiseled, chipped and hefty walnut table.
Don't be afraid. Maybe just a little dash of mod and whatever else you can round up. Designed without being, "designed." Perfect.Mini "S" oh Yes! Try as the kiddies may the first single-form injection-moulded plastic chairs are virtually indestructible. Trust me, I can vouch for them. Candy colors without any cavities.Juxtaposition. A rule to design by. An otherwise traditional, turned legged, carrera marble table paired with surprising seating. Fresh. Fun. Thought provoking.
Panton in the parish. I would rise and shine at the crack of dawn (no snooze, I promise) each and every Sunday if I could attend St. Bartholomew's in Eastern Bohemia. Rough cut crystal chandeliers, layered antique rugs and Eames moulded fiberglass chair at the alter. Amen.

The occasional "S" adding a bold punch of color.

Photo courtesy of Living Etc.

Spring has officially sprung. Lucky for you the "S" is an all-weather chair. A Danish designer with modern sensibility.

Verner Panton (13 February 1926 – 5 September 1998)
Butt, why not? I couldn't resist sharing a 20th Century reproduction.
Best,




No comments:

Post a Comment

col·lab·o·rate: To work together, especially in a joint intellectual effort.

I would love to hear your thoughts!